Is Christmas finally over? We can start talking (hyperventilating) about SnowGlobe now? No need to mention the lineup – you’ve seen it by now.
Top 5 Sets Not To Miss:
RL Grime on Sunday – He is only performing at a select few cities in the U.S. this year and South Lake Tahoe is one of them. His latest album, Nova, which is in Electronic Roatation at KSJS features a hand full of Hip-Hop and R&B artists that I just can’t get over. UCLA ft. 24 Hours is on repeat.
Shoreline Mafia on Monday – Everyone thinks they’re from the Bay, so you can only guess why I like them so much. Shoreline Mafia has been a KSJS collectors’ item for some time now with several songs previously in Urban rotation. And with quite a few collabs with SOBxRBE (who are scheduled to perform just a few hours later on the same day), one can only hope for a cameo – just throwing that into the universe
Gorgon City on Monday – Can we just stop to smell the House Music right quick? Currently in KSJS Electronic rotation is this duo, who recently released a gem, Escape. Seeing them live in October overwhelmed me with happy vibes, especially since they played my favorite song twice hence the need to not miss this one.
NGHTMRE B2B SLANDER on Monday – Okay… rave round two, anybody? About a billion people went to NGHTMRE Before Christmas in The City two weeks ago and although we didn’t see SLANDER, that didn’t stop the Gud Vibrations from flowing.
Duckwrth on Saturday – Yes! Just yes! There is no better feeling than seeing an artist you’ve supported for years move through the underground world as effortlessly as Duckwrth. Almost every song he drops ends up in KSJS Urban rotation – like SOPRANO and FALL BACK to name a few. What’s even better, he genuinely supports our support.
It’s worth a mention that GoldLink just got added to the lineup. Bay Area attendees will be excited since he missed Outside Lands this past August. We’ve got a few Dirtybird Players in the mix, plus a “secret set” scheduled for Saturday
Now, let’s discuss these afterparties…
There’s plenty to do after the festival (after all, it ends at 10 PM on Saturday and Sunday) but since we can’t be everywhere at once, I’ve narrowed down the choices for you.
Brownies & Lemonade is taking over the Sierra Stage all day on Saturday, but they’re also hosting the first official afterparty at Mont Bleu. All we know is “secret guests all night long” and casinos don’t close ‘til the sun comes up.
Sunday night will be one to remember. Mont Bleu is also hosting Walker & Royce with Phantoms – which sounds like a match made in House Music heaven. All I can say is get your trap thighs warmed up – this is what we call a “house party”.
A few things to remember:
- Make sure to download the SnowGlobe app for iPhone or Android so you can plan out set times with your friends and get the latest updates
- DON’T YOU DARE LITTER
- Dress warm and in layers. It will drop below freezing temperatures at night. You are allowed a bag or backpack so it wouldn’t hurt to throw an extra jacket, gloves, scarf, or hat inside. Regardless of the weather, WATERPROOF BOOTS are a must!
- Read up on the allowed and not allowed items
- Parking will be a hassle – plan for it. There are several options including a shuttle and limited off-site parking. Local businesses and communities will be monitoring street/neighborhood parking so be warned
- Tune in to 90.5 FM KSJS on Thursday, 12/27/2018 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM for a very special #SnowGlobeSpotlight playlist curated by DEBO. Live stream: www.ksjs.org/listen
Check out some of last year’s #SnowGlobe highlights