Artists, Musicians, Models, TV/Radio Personalities, DJs & Public Figures… Do you have a Press Kit?
A Press Kit is a set of promotional materials for journalists, writers, and media professionals to use when featuring you or your brand in their marketing efforts, social media campaigns, blogs, or advertisements. Generally, a Press Kit includes:
- A biography, background, or “about me”
- High-resolution, original photos
- Music (cleaned for radio play)
- Quotes (if applicable)
- Embedded links to your website, socials, videos, merchandise, etc.
Most importantly, this information is displayed in a way that allows readers to easily skim for information they want/need for the publication they are working on.
Why are Press Kits important?
- To ensure the information foretasted to represent you, your brand, or your music is correct in any published content.
- Since writers and publicists work on a strict (and short) deadline, you don’t want to miss your window of opportunity because you didn’t have the requested information readily available.
- For independent artists, Press Kits are crucial because they allow you to follow the industry’s best practices and live up to the expected standard.
How I can help…
I am a writer:
- I have my AA degree in English as well as, my BA in English with a concentration in Professional and Technical Writing. I assure you my writing is clear and concise.
- You can check out my published work in the East Bay Express or various Music Festivals I have covered.
- I can write in the style, tone, and diction wanted by other writers, journalists, and publicists.
I am also a photographer:
- I shoot with a Canon EOS Rebel T6.
- I am flexible with setting and I aspire to execute your creative ideas to convey the tone and imagery wanted in your photos.
- All photos included in your Press Kit are edited for you and do not contain a watermark.
- Browse my Portfolio to see my work.
I can clean music for radio play:
- I use a audio editing software called Audacity that reverses words/phrases deemed unacceptable by the FCC.
- Through my experience as a Radio DJ at 90.5 FM KSJS, I am knowledgeable of the rules and regulations set forth by the FCC.
I am versatile:
- Each Press Kit is different I will customize yours based on your wishes.
- I only price based on what you need so if you already have photos or clean music, for example, your rate will be less.
- I can format Press Kits to be in email form, or formatted to be included as a menu option on your website.
- Depending on how much content you need, turn-around time is usually less than one week.
- You will review all material before it is finalized.
- Once it’s made, updating your Press Kit is easy!